LaunchBox Community Forums

daphen starts in backgroung

andrea_ita

hello to everyone...

from launchbox 9.2 when i try to run dragon's lair from daphne... i can't play game, because it runs in backgroung. Bibox Cinematix back in front... i listen game run in background.

i use bigbox from 2 year with regular license. Now i have same problem with some games like this, from ms-dos "type".

for exit i must connect mouse and keyboard to may cabinet to quit game and return in bigbox or launchbox.

retroarch and other emulators run well.

my computer runs with windows 10 64 bit.

thanks in advance, for who can help me. 

Regards

Edited by andrea_ita

hello, i just tried to set HIDE ALL WINDOWS... but in bigbox, game starts and after 3 second... i see black screen and i listen sound from cabinet... 

to restore it, i must connect keyboard anb press ALT+TAB for have dragon's lair in front.. because it goes in background

@andrea_ita I had the same problem with Dragons Lair Remastered (not running in Daphne) and unchecked "Enable Game Startup Screen". Then the game displayed ok. Maybe this will work with Daphne too.

Oddly, Space Ace Remastered did not have this problem and worked fine with default startup screen options. There's clearly something odd with the startup screen implementation.

Edited by Dr_Bunsen

17 minutes ago, andrea_ita said:

hello, until the previous version of launchbox it was all OK .. I update only launchbox .. now lasergames suffer from this problem with bigbox on an arcade cabinet

same games and roms from 2 years.. in this cabinet (and computer.. windows 10 64 bit updated)

Game Startup Screens is new in the latest release of Launchbox and it is likely the Startup that is not working well with Daphne. Try turning off the Startup Screen and seeing if the issue no longer exists. You can turn it off globally or by emulator. I would try by emulator first. In Launchbox go to >Tools>Manage emulators and edit your Daphne emulator. You will see a tab for Game Startup Screen. In the tab untick the box Enable Game Startup Screen.