LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I update MAME non merged set?

Tatts4Life

1 minute ago, Tatts4Life said:

I noticed there is a new .205 MAME release. I have the old .204 non merged set. How do I update? Do I just download the new set and delete the old one? What do I do with Launchbox for the new set?

MAME is updated the last Wednesday of every month. There are two ways of updating to the new version, 1. like you said you could just download the new full pack and delete your old one. 2. they also release a update pack every month which just contains the new/changed files, however you will need to use clrmamepro to update your existing set with the new update pack, here is a guide.

As for updating in Launchbox, once you have your roms updated, or a whole new set, just run the fullset importer again pointing it to your new rom folder, you can usually uncheck all the media downloads also as you will already have 99.9% of it.

Just now, Tatts4Life said:

does the update pack come in a non merged version? I checked PD and didn't see that option for non merged.

There is just the one update pack, (well two as there may be a CHD update as well),  thats why you need to use clrmamepro as that will move the files to the correct zips, you just tell clrmamepro what romset type you are currently using, so in your case non-merged and it will add the new/changed/renamed files into the correct zips. This varies depending on what set type you have as to where the new files need to go. Hence why it is not as simple as copying and pasting the new files.