LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Problems - Anyone get controllers up & running with Demul and PCSX2?

DannyShane

hey.. again. lol sorry you guys... i have another question

Problem 1 - When trying to config a controller in Demul, It pre-populates all fields with the same entry. See attached snapshot. Ive googled and seems others have this issue, but no solutions.  What controllers are any of you guys using with Demul? Ive tried with my PS4 and my Xbox One. (it does allow me to set my arcade cabinet controls, but dreamcast needs a controller)

Problem 2 - PCSX2 will not allow me to connect the XBOX One Controller. It gets a few values correct while most use an axis value. Also, if it actualy does set "triangle" for example, then when i click on "circle" (to set that), it will just overwrite the entire previous triangle line, so that i still only have one 'wrong' entry..

P.S. I did get both working for Dolphin and Retroarch and tested two player games in both. I have no idea how i got it working in retroarch,.lol, that beast is CONFUSING as hell regarding multiple controller setup. 

My Controllers That I've tried using:
(1) Xbox one Controller connected via bluetooth
(2) PS4 controller connected via USB and DS4Windows App

*Below is the demul snapshot. it will put that entry into every single field.  I even disconnected that controller and tried the other controller and it did the same exact thing except the number was "2" instead of "3"

demul.thumb.jpg.2ffef29b27b2f213bc0a1c1d74f87001.jpg

Well any help is greatly appreciated. i feel like i'm almost done with my setup. :)

Thanks for replying. 
I went back in to mess with it today and it lets me configure the controller in demul ONLY if i hold the controller button down BEFORE pressing the demul config button.  so i hold the joystick in up position, then click demul/up.  and it will take the setting.   pretty weird, but at least its working for me now.

as far as pcsx2, i gave up on the xbox controller.  i did finally get a ps4 cpmtroller to work, but each time my pc is rebooted, seems i have to go in and change settings again.  Im using DS4 windows app and possibly it with the windows bluetooth are changing my controller id each time or something crazy that i cant comprehend. lol.   because i'll have it working an dit will be id0.  then i log in another day and it wont work, i go in and now my buttons are registering as id3.   confused, but again, at least its working.. somewhat. lol. 

• 3 years later...

20220611_172622.thumb.jpg.30cfc04bc8374f6feda29b17a82d87d5.jpgGo to

Control panel

Devices printers (win 10)

Scroll down too device you want mapped

Click on it

Select

game controller set up 

From drop down

Highlight

Your device from the installed controllers

Click advanced option