LaunchBox Community Forums

Bug report: .5 stars not showing in StarRating command

radicalblues

Hello, I'm running Unified Refried, haven't tested this on other skins with star graphics.

When displaying star graphics, the command line CommunityStarRating properly displays graphics for 5., 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5.

The bug/glitch is for the command line StarRating (to display your personal scores), which only displays graphics for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
In other words, it does not show scores ending with .5. If you select 2.5, it will display 2. If you select 4.5, it will display 4. etc.

(it's not an issue of my custom graphics, half coins do display when using community ratings)

I'm pretty sure this is a bug of Launchbox/Big Box, because it's calling directly a command line. Shouldn't be an issue of Unified refried.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any testers wanna check out? Just replace CommunityStarRating with StarRating in xaml files, you'll see.

• 4 months later...

Eh I hate to bump a 4 month old thread, but is there any feedback from the devs on this bug report? 

I made a clear report with video and everything, and a few updates later decimals still won't display when using the personal StarRating. I'd love to hear that at least the problem has been acknlowledged for future updates. Thanks!

Apologies @radicalblues, I never saw this thread when it was created. Unfortunately it's difficult to see every single thread.

The issue is that star ratings were added well before we opened them up to partial stars, and the old property is still there for compatibility's sake. It should work if theme developers bind to StarRatingFloat instead of StarRating. However, when images are used in custom themes for the stars, depending on the method used to display them, partial stars may not be supported by the theme (I've seen several different methods of converting the numeric value into the visual representation of the stars, and not all of them will work with partial stars).

So it's really a custom theme issue, and depends on using the correct code for displaying the stars in the theme. To be honest, though, I haven't checked the default theme to see what it's doing, either.

• 1 year later...

I gotta apologize too for not checking on this before! I quit gaming for a while, but now I have free time again.

Fortunately, the new version of Unified Refried DOES work using the string StarRatingFloat. Below is the result, if anyone cares. :)

Disregard the duplicate report I put on the bitbucket!

image.thumb.png.7d197f74c337da7a74960a0ecc7bbbbe.png