LaunchBox Community Forums

Joystick jumping 2 spots in BigBox

Saber

Hi all.

This is my first post. Thanks to all the helpful info here.
I have got me first MAME cab up and running using LB/BB, running on Win 7.
Everything is working fine, themes are installed, games all play, thanks to all the tutorials.

I only have got one problem I can't seem to figure out.
In the BB UI when I press up and down on the Joystick it jumps two places at a time. This only happens in BB.
In either the LB UI or the MAME UI up and down moves you just one spot.
The one in the machine I have got looks like this one. USB controller

I can't seem to see any settings in BB other then to turn on the joystick controller or turn it off.

Any help will really be appreciated.

1 minute ago, ckp said:

do you have something like xpadder running?

Yea I read that thread about xpander.

I don't, It it just the usb jamma controller running. Nothing else. 
Everywhere else it works just fine. games included. It is only in the BB UI that it is moving two spots at a time.

Ok, So did some more testing.

If you hold the joystick to the right and then pull down slightly. ie into the bottom right corner, it moves one space down instead of two.
But as before if you pull the joystick straight down it moves two.

Same thing happens going into the top right.

Given that this only happens in BB UI it would seam that BB is overly sensitive to the joy down/up because if you hold it in the up or down position it flies though all the games.
is there no Joystick adjustments in BB that can limit this perhaps

Can anyone offer any other suggestions. It is driving me nuts trying to not get everything to jump 2 spots.

I also tried to update to the Beta platform to see if that would help and same results.

Edited by Saber

• 1 year later...

Are you by chance running steam at all? I have a controller that works absolutely fine, HOWEVER, if Steam is running (due to launching a game via BB or just running at startup) - it completely messes up the controller in BB. It does what you say, it skips up and down and it's not even consistent. I'm not sure if the Steam app adds a level of sensitivity or what. 

To be honest, I identified the problem awhile ago but have not done any troubleshooting within Steam to see if it has a setting or something that is causing it. All I have done is verified that it was Steam causing my controller to go wonky in BB.

Tony

• 3 years later...
On 3/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, ffingers said:

Are you by chance running steam at all? I have a controller that works absolutely fine, HOWEVER, if Steam is running (due to launching a game via BB or just running at startup) - it completely messes up the controller in BB. It does what you say, it skips up and down and it's not even consistent. I'm not sure if the Steam app adds a level of sensitivity or what. 

To be honest, I identified the problem awhile ago but have not done any troubleshooting within Steam to see if it has a setting or something that is causing it. All I have done is verified that it was Steam causing my controller to go wonky in BB.

Tony

This worked for me. Thank you!