LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot import game into collection...

JCSRT05

Perhaps a bit of a weird one but something I came across a month or 2 ago and really tying to figure out the issue now...

One day, I wanted to load Sonic CD but realized it wasn't in my collection. Not sure why exactly but figured I'd just go ahead and add the game back by dropping the folder containing the .cue and .bin. As expected, i run through the wizard of adding the game but when it completes, it comes back and tells me that "0 games were added". Happens every time.. Is there a detailed log that would tell me why? Any suggestions on where to look to mitigate the issue? So far, it only seems to be in my Sega CD collection. Deleting the entire collection and adding it again does not fix the issue btw...

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Usually if a game doesn't import it is because the game is already in the platform you are trying to import to or maybe the file being imported is very incorrectly named and the scraper is confusing it with a game already imported.

Try importing just the cue file instead of the folder and if you get the same error try again but tell LB to force import duplicates during the import wizard.screenshot_89.thumb.jpg.0e168bfd2f30764da9f92f8162040ec9.jpg

Thanks @Lordmonkus. I'm not sure where/how the issue occurred.. I've been using the same collection for quite some time.. it was there, then it wasn't. I'm sure it was something I did at one point but just could not get to the bottom of it. Running an Audit didn't pick anything up and importing the .cue ended up with the same results. Clicking on forcing duplicates ultimately resolved the issue but just find it weird that even thought I deleted the entire collection and re-added it, it still excluded it. 

Thanks again.

• 9 months later...