LaunchBox Community Forums

Re-link images after move to new computer?

DaveC1964

So I set Up LB on a desktop, downloaded box images etc.  Now I want to put on to a laptop.  The ROMs on the laptop are in different places (HDD size differences etc).  So if I re import games it will ask me to download images for box art from website or wikipedia etc.  I don't want to re download thousands of images all over again when I already have them, internet is too slow and is a waste of time.  If I move the whole LB structure to the laptop the images are already in the images folder.  How do I reconnect the games with the images?  I see no option for "get from location" when importing games.

once you move everything to the laptop you would either go to Tools and find the option to change the roms folder path and just pointed to the new location or you can go into the Data folder and then the platform folder and use the find and replace feature of NP++ to change all of the paths from there if you go the data folder route make sure to create a backup of anything you edit 1st in case you make a mistake you can easily revert back.

• Like 1