LaunchBox Community Forums

Manual changing of game thumbnails

Guidope

When I saw Launchbox had added the feature to prioritize images for certain regions upon import, I decided to re-import some consoles, but sadly most of the images are still NTSC (even with Europe prioritized).

Is there an easy way to manually change the thumbnails? I used to just open the images folder and replace the current image with one I found online, but it's quite a hastle. 

7 minutes ago, Guidope said:

When I saw Launchbox had added the feature to prioritize images for certain regions upon import, I decided to re-import some consoles, but sadly most of the images are still NTSC (even with Europe prioritized).

Is there an easy way to manually change the thumbnails? I used to just open the images folder and replace the current image with one I found online, but it's quite a hastle. 

Its probably just the case that we do not have European box art in our database. The priorities will prioritise a region, but if that art is not available it will pull the US art if available. Hence "priorities" and not a outright "choose region for art". If you want to replace images then yes you need to drop them in the correct folder, or use the edit on a game and navigate to the image location, so dropping images into the folder is the easiest way.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Its probably just the case that we do not have European box art in our database. The priorities will prioritise a region, but if that art is not available it will pull the US art if available. Hence "priorities" and not a outright "choose region for art". If you want to replace images then yes you need to drop them in the correct folder, or use the edit on a game and navigate to the image location, so dropping images into the folder is the easiest way.

Yeah I thought that was the case. With replacing the images, I thought there would be an easier way. When you select a game and choose edit, you can actually drag and drop an image in the preview box, it just doesn't save the addition. Other than that, I absolutely love launchbox ;)

1 minute ago, Guidope said:

you can actually drag and drop an image in the preview box, it just doesn't save the addition

It should save the image added, but if you dont delete the image its currently using as well then it will likely continue to use the image it was already using. Also if you are replacing images remember to refresh the images otherwise the old cached image will still show.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It should save the image added, but if you dont delete the image its currently using as well then it will likely continue to use the image it was already using. 

Ah that's great! I thought It just didn't save the image. This will make changing the thumbs a lot easier. Thanks!