LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with Dolphin Emulator

lunaticx

Hello guys I just started using Launchbox recently (and definetely loved it btw), imported roms, set up emulators etc. almost everything seems to be ok but there is a problem launching gamecube/wii isos. The problem is either with launchbox or dolphin.exe which cannot locate my iso files from my directory. I guess special (Turkish) characters in my folders' names causing the problem since it shows them as "?" instead of the character itself in the error window. You may advice me to rename my folders but no I'm not willing to do that because I have tons of stuff organized in an order. Tried those checkboxes in emulator details section but no chance. Launchbox is able to locate and detect every emulator and roms including gamecube and wii, and is able to run other emulators that I imported but not for launchbox + dolphin. PS: I don't have a problem with dolphin running isos independently. 

dolphin.jpg

It sounds like it's maybe the way the Dolphin emulator is configured in LB.  ...assuming all the other platform emulators are working and they look for their games/roms under Turkish-character folder names as well.

Try copying one of your iso files to a directory that doesn't have Turkish characters, edit that game to LB, pointing to the new folder/file location and see if it works or if you get the same error.

• Like 1

Glad that worked.  Kinda  ;)   Let me get this straight...

1)  LB will launch (i.e.) a Nintendo 64 game that is in/under folders that have special characters.

2)  LB will not launch a Nintendo GC/Wii game that is in/under folders that have special characters, saying it can't find the file.

3)  LB will launch a Nintendo GC/Wii game that is in/under folders that do not have special characters.

Hmmm.... Go back and edit you GC game and manually Browse to you ROM File (original) location and try again.

• Thanks 1

Thank you again and here's another question. If I rename the parent and sub directories where I store my roms, emulators and stuff will I need to re-import everything from scratch in LB since both my emulators' and roms' parent directory have special character in their original name? Or is there an easy way where I can simply change some letters and get along?

1st, did you try editing the game and point to the old directory that has the special characters then try launching it?

For the ROMs, yes, there is an easy way.  Emulators, not sure.

Move the ROMs to the new directory.  Then in LB, select all the games [Ctrl + A] in the particular platform (one platform at a time). Click Tools and then select "Change ROMs Folder...."image.thumb.png.5764188839874f3223268c69d85a32d0.png 

• Like 1