LaunchBox Community Forums

How to handle alternate titles and ports?

garbanzo

Does LaunchBox provide a way to manage alternate titles? Specifically, I want to be able to search for games that I have imported using any of their US/Europe/Japan/etc titles. So if I search Gunhed, but I have the game set up in LB as Blazing Lazers, Gunhed should still come up. I tried using a Custom Field which gave me a place to put the data, but the search box doesn't seem to index it. 

Similarly, is there a way to connect ports? For example, the arcade game Chuka Taisen was ported using a similar title to several systems, but when it was released for the Sega Master System the tile was changed to Cloud Master. How can I associate all games in LB? Something that says "This game is a port of this other game here..."

If the LB database housed this kind of cross-referencing data, you could add a "related games" search function to find them all instantly. How cool would that be?

---

EDIT - Related to this, sometimes I try to add a Japanese game, and it scrapes the USA title and info. Why is that? There are plenty of games with enough regional differences to justify having both versions. But to force PC Denjin Punkic Cyborg! to scrape as Air Zonk doesn't make sense, especially since I already added Air Zonk. I guess this is something that can be cleaned up manually after import, but in my opinion, it shouldn't have to be that way.

Thanks!

Edited by garbanzo

• 1 month later...

Hi G,

I think I can answer part of your question,

When you import MAME roms, you scrape media and there is a option to select region of NORTH AMERICA

I am not sure what the other options are MAME typically have USA, AISA, JAPAN & WORLD REGIONS

Cheers B