LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox 9.5 Error

Doomsiren

Hi everyone,

I have run into an issue where when I browse through my games of any platform an error message gets shown, telling me that the parsing costum gamedetailsview failed and that it will show me the default view instead.  I can browse through my library, see the same details I did before, and play games, but the message will keep showing up after telling it OK. Now this is very annoying obviously and I tried restarting but that didn't resolve it. Looking at the message I am not sure if I changed anything regarding the game details view. Can anyone point me to some options where I can start fiddling around and is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Doomsiren

3 minutes ago, Doomsiren said:

Hi everyone, I have run into an issue where when I browse through my games of any platform an error message gets shown, telling me that the parsing costum gamedetailsview failed and that it will show me the default view instead.  I can browse through my library, see the same details I did before, and play games, but the message will keep showing up after telling it OK. Now this is very annoying obviously and I tried restarting but that didn't resolve it. Looking at the message I am not sure if I changed anything regarding the game details view. Can anyone point me to some options where I can start fiddling around and is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

That sounds like a theme issue, not strictly a Bigbox one, as it is returning to the default theme as there is a error in the custom one you are using. What theme are you using, and have you tried downloading it again? The theming engine was changed recently and a lot of themes were updated to support the changes, so i would suggest deleting the theme and installing the latest version.

Thanks for the quick answer Neil! I was using Retrocafé theme and changing it to criticalzone theme does not get me the error message. My guess is I need to re download the Retrocafé theme then, assuming it has been updated. Thanks for clearing it up!    

1 minute ago, Doomsiren said:

Thanks for the quick answer Neil! I was using Retrocafé theme and changing it to criticalzone theme does not get me the error message. My guess is I need to re download the Retrocafé theme then, assuming it has been updated. Thanks for clearing it up!    

Yes that theme is one that has been updated, and also renamed, so downloading the latest version should fix the errors you are seeing.