LaunchBox Community Forums

nearly had it with HS !

Animal

I'm completely new to Retro gaming and just decided one day to build a cabinet before looking into the insides of it all :)

I've finished my cabinet build and was putting HyperSpin on but so far have had nothing but hassles with getting it working how I'd like it.

I have all LED lights (6 for each of the 2 players, coin, player, load/save/esc/reset and 2 flippers) and an aimtrak lightgun and tempted to go Launchbox and BigBox route.

Is BigBox compatible with LEDBlinky?  Be a shame to have all these LED's and not putting them to use :)

I have a shed load of ROMs but will likely just get a build to download so I can start to actually use the cabinet how I'd like before tweaking it to how I want.

I Don't want 1000's of systems on and will just stay with MAME, NES, ScummVM, American Laser and a couple of others so I can use my lightgun on Time Crisis and the like.

Someone either sell me on BB or stick with HS as I'm pulling my hair out !!!

I'm not gonna try and sell it to you, that's not what I do. Download the free version and try it out for yourself, see how easy it is to set it up. That was what sold me on it instantly after messing with the other frontends out there.

As for your LEDBlinky question, I believe it is compatible, I have seen threads about it but I haven't used it myself so I don't know.

2 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

I'm not gonna try and sell it to you, that's not what I do. Download the free version and try it out for yourself, see how easy it is to set it up. That was what sold me on it instantly after messing with the other frontends out there.

As for your LEDBlinky question, I believe it is compatible, I have seen threads about it but I haven't used it myself so I don't know.

I'm doing exactly that and now sat back whilst it downloads my Mame pictures etc.  Easy so far :)

Is it easy to set a new 'wheel' (sorry that's a HS term and not even sure what they are called in LaunchBox !) for lightgun specific games from different systems.  Even if they are in other system wheels?

Thanks for the prompt response but I'm liking it so far !

Yes, you can set up new "wheels" easily, we call them Platforms and Playlists. The difference is Platforms are where you actually import your games to and Playlists are sort of a "virtual platform" where you can have all sorts of different games from different platforms, you can check the YouTube channel for videos on that for further explanation.

GREAT!  I'm just about to subscribe to the premium and big box from what I've seen/heard already - and all I've done is install it and waiting for the Mame scarpers :)

Thanks again.  I imagine I'll have a few more questions ver the next few days.