LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox wont launch arcade through retroarch

FakedPotato

I have posted a screen cap of the core im trying to run.

I have changed my arcade games to run through RA instead of mame in launchbox by hitting Control+A under bulk edit and did that first before adding the core under Associated platforms.

In RA by itself i can get games to run under this core but when plugging it in to launchbox the game wont even try to start or load.

Am i naming something wrong? I thought the defualt name was "arcade" and assume my core is named properly.

ar.png

Edited by FakedPotato

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Do you have retroarch set to unzip roms? Because if so thats the issue, MAME needs a zip file.

Not through launchbox I dont. the extract rom archives before running box isnt checked under the edit emulator tab. Is there a way to check that through retroarch?

1 minute ago, FakedPotato said:

Not through launchbox I dont. the extract rom archives before running box isnt checked under the edit emulator tab. Is there a way to check that through retroarch?

Retroarch wont do it, i was just checking you didnt have Launchbox extracting zips that shouldnt be.

Just now, FakedPotato said:

Which core would you suggest? Ive tried Mame and Mame2016 so far.. figured all of the cores would do the same.

I see your issue, you have 3 L's in dll. You must be using a real old version of Launchbox there, typing in the cores hasnt been needed for a long time, they are just dropdowns now.

Works great. I have one more question if you dont mind!

most cores run all games EXCEPT the games like Marvel super heros, MVC, etc.

There are two cores that do run those games ( 2016 and standard mame core )

but, I cant insert coin. On all cores I can insert coin and play them like galaga Etc but not fighting games.

Do you have any clue why? In RA theres no way to change arcade controls for any mame core \so i cant just simply fix it myself, and these are my favorite games that i dont have controls on, Ive also pressed every button.