LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto download platform background and metadata?

MrSumOne

I have Bigbox working quite nicely, but I noticed that while my normal systems like N64 look like this, my NeoGeo platform looks like this, with a black background and "bigbox" at the top and a generic bigbox spinner on the right side. I've been looking for these files so I can replace them, but I can't find them anywhere. Is there a way to make Launchbox automatically download them? If not, how do I replace them?

And I have the NeoGeo platform set up to scrape as SNK Neo Geo MVS like this but it won't download the metadata, like the release date and everything else all my other systems have. How do I get that info to populate?

Both of these issues are due to your naming/scraping terms. The black backgroung and Bigbox image is because the theme can not find a background/logo for that platform, it looks like you have the platform simply called "NeoGeo" and the images in the theme are likely named differently.

As for the games not scraping correctly, change the "scrape as" per your screenshot to "Arcade" and it should scrape metadata just fine.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Both of these issues are due to your naming/scraping terms. The black backgroung and Bigbox image is because the theme can not find a background/logo for that platform, it looks like you have the platform simply called "NeoGeo" and the images in the theme are likely named differently.

So... how do I fix this? I've been looking at what I should name it, but I can't find the proper files anywhere...

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

As for the games not scraping correctly, change the "scrape as" per your screenshot to "Arcade" and it should scrape metadata just fine.

But there's an option for SNK Neo Geo MVS, which is what it is... isn't Arcade just a generic arcade data, and not the one I want?

Arcade will scrape as Arcade but that is exactly what SNK Neo Geo MVS is a arcade system. You can probably go the MVS route too and get the same images but I have all the Neo Geo games in my Arcade platform and they all have metadata and images from just using Arcade.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Arcade will scrape as Arcade but that is exactly what SNK Neo Geo MVS is a arcade system. You can probably go the MVS route too and get the same images but I have all the Neo Geo games in my Arcade platform and they all have metadata and images from just using Arcade.

So I change it to Arcade, but then how do I get it to actually get the metadata?

10 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

highlight all the games using ctrl+a and then go to tools and choose download media and metadata and go through and run the wizard

So that updates the game's metadata, but not the platform's metadata. Like, the release date on the platform is still blank.

Yeah don't know how you go about getting that without reimporting then. Sadly running the media metadata for a platform isn't a thing I guess. I guess you could go to the LaunchBox Database via the link at the top of the forum page copy the info from the DB for that system and then go into LB go to tools edit platform choose your platform and paste the data in the appropriate areas and paste any notes or text in the notes tab.

• Thanks 1

Ok, so, when I import the roms again, how should I import them so that it fills in my platform metadata properly? Tried it, works, thanks

And concerning my other issue, looking at this picture, where can I find the spinner pointer on the right side, the background, and the logo at the top? I've searched through the images folder for a long time now, I can't find them. 

So, two questions, how should I add the neogeo so that it pulls the information properly, and how can I get the game menu to not use default pictures? Where are those theme pictures stored? Unified, btw.

Edited by MrSumOne

Import them as Arcade I looked at the Database and there are no images under Neo Geo MVS section in the DB. As for the Spinner pointer I would assume its theme specific and I have not clue as to which theme that is. I pretty much use LB 99.9% of the time as its much more versatile and although isn't as pretty has a much higher functionality when using a mouse and keyboard.