LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox feels slow and I don't know why

Chris Kant

Hi all,

I am using Launchbox now for a while and I thought the speed in Launchbox was because of my old System (around 4,5 years now incl. SSD). Example, like switching between Systems or Playlists takes a few seconds. Going into the details screen of a game or pressing "OK" in the games detail screen. with taking a few seconds I mean everything from 3 to 10 seconds. I changed my hardware to something more uptodate now with I7-8700K, 32GB Ram, RTX 2080 and also a SSD with 3.500mb/s read and write speed but the speed not changed at all. I thought now it would be snappier than before but unfortunately not. Does anyone have an Idea or same experience with their Launchbox setup?

BigBox runs fine but during configuration and setting up meta data in Games or adding Artworks it is something like a pain to wait for it every click I made.

regards

Chris

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

No issues here, maybe it is caching images or you have more than a normal amount of auto generated playlists which can be problematic because of all the xml parsing that is going on.

What is normal? Per system around 4 to 6 playlists and around 50 systems