LaunchBox Community Forums

Wrong videos for MAME games with same name

krofftsuperstar

Trying to finish the cleanup of my Big Box arcade machine. I've noticed that MAME games with the same name (Argus, Commando, D-Day, etc.) often import the wrong Theme and gameplay video (i.e., 1982's Commando by Sega has the 1985 Capcom Commando video). It's the same for the artwork. Try as I might with directly telling Launchbox what videos to use and then refreshing the game's content, it often doesn't work. I delete and re-import the videos, rename the videos (Commando Sega), etc., and Big Box displays the wrong video, even if Launchbox doesn't. (It helps when I completely exit out of Launchbox and then restart, but not always.) I also have the same for the artwork to those games, which keep coming back after I delete them through Launchbox; I now designate the wrong 3D boxes, screenshots, logos, etc. that are imported as "steam banners," since I don't use that in my theme and they won't show up.  

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. I'm hoping someone can make this right. Thanks for any suggestions or solutions.  

• Like 1