LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone else start getting withdrawal pangs if they log into LB and don't see the "there is a new update..." message?

FlightRisk

I think it is like the addiction of having to constantly check your text messages. There is the sound from the forums announcing a new post and the message box stating there is a new update to download. I can't sleep thinking about pause screens now ;)

Edited by FlightRisk
  • Like 5

I do feel lucky. I was using HS and tried GameEx (which I really liked), but in comparing front ends, I got more and more into LB/BB. It just seemed to be so well supported, such good software, and constant updates. There really are only a couple of features left where LB will have everything I loved about all the other front ends. Probably the only feature after pause screens that I liked (and Jason agreed to look into) is the one in GameEx where if you are on a game information screen, you can see all the other versions of that game that you have. So if you are looking at the arcade version of Donkey Kong, it will list links to the atari, colecovision, intellevision, etc. versions and you can play one of those instead. Not much different than playlists, but it is linked to the game you are on which is the difference. Anyway, this has been a fun hobby. Playing with LB and BB gives me something to do in my spare time. ;)

• Like 1