LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch scanlines wont stay disabled

screwball69

So up until recently I have been using a scanlines in Retroarch but no longer want to use them as they dont look so great on a 4k tv.

When I load a game through Big Box/LaunchBox the scanlines are on so I proceed to open the quick menu and delete all the shaders, when I close the game and open something else even if its the same game they are back,

I have even tried saving overrides for cores and games and no such luck there either.

You probably have the scanlines enabled in the default.cfg file and that is getting loaded into the core when you load it.

25 minutes ago, screwball69 said:

as they dont look so great on a 4k tv

Try certain shaders like CRT-Royale  or the Kurozumi variant, they are made specifically for 4K. 

In any case, have a look in your default.cfg file and look for the line:

video_shader = ""

If it looks like that above we will have to look elsewhere, but if it has a shader preset path in between the 2 quotes remove that path so it looks like it does above and save it. Then make sure you don't have any core presets saved in your shaders\presets folders.