LaunchBox Community Forums

GPD Win

RULLUR

Not sure how many of you have the first model or even the 2 model of this handheld gaming laptop or not, but felt for those that did could come together and speak more about it. I have to say LaunchBox & BigBox do very well on it, but the big issue I'm having is the battery in which it dies in less time than the gauge and has started to swell in the case to where I so need to find a replacement battery. I've been searching around for one, but came across mostly other forum posts giving a runaround saying not to trust this place or that place or whatever. So hopefully in this thread we can figure out things about the battery and whatever else related to this handheld that we can trade knowledge on in making our experience with it more fun than before

I have a GPD Win 2 and just installed LaunchBox on it.  The joystick works fine in BigBox mode but didn’t in desktop mode.  Maybe I have to enable it somewhere like in BigBox mode?  I heard of the battery problem with the original but you are probably better off going to the gpdwin reddit or discord channel to find a solution there.  I don’t know how big of a gpdwin audience we have here.

5 hours ago, Avenger said:

I have a GPD Win 2 and just installed LaunchBox on it.  The joystick works fine in BigBox mode but didn’t in desktop mode.  Maybe I have to enable it somewhere like in BigBox mode?  I heard of the battery problem with the original but you are probably better off going to the gpdwin reddit or discord channel to find a solution there.  I don’t know how big of a gpdwin audience we have here.

On mine I can get it to work on both. You have to go into the settings for each and make such you have it switched to X instead of Mouse too which it times can get a little confusing since Mouse Mode uses the Right Analog while LaunchBox uses the Left Analog when switched to X. I don't know how much difference things are on Win 2, but I guess it's somewhat the same even though I don't know if it changed in screen resolution or not because on mine I tend to have issues getting some PC Games and Project 64 to run at Fullscreen. Also Kega Fusion I can't get in Fullscreen to where pretty much everything at most on mine runs through RetroArch even though the controls for playing N64 through RetroArch I find annoying in how they mapped the C-Buttons.

I don't really do Discord and Reddit, but hopefully with the few people that have the first or 2nd model of GPD Win will kinda come by this

19 hours ago, RULLUR said:

On mine I can get it to work on both. You have to go into the settings for each and make such you have it switched to X instead of Mouse too which it times can get a little confusing since Mouse Mode uses the Right Analog while LaunchBox uses the Left Analog when switched to X. I don't know how much difference things are on Win 2, but I guess it's somewhat the same even though I don't know if it changed in screen resolution or not because on mine I tend to have issues getting some PC Games and Project 64 to run at Fullscreen. Also Kega Fusion I can't get in Fullscreen to where pretty much everything at most on mine runs through RetroArch even though the controls for playing N64 through RetroArch I find annoying in how they mapped the C-Buttons.

I don't really do Discord and Reddit, but hopefully with the few people that have the first or 2nd model of GPD Win will kinda come by this

How well does n64 run on the Win 1?  I hadn’t thought about running it on my Win 2 since I was planning to get a N64 controller and adapter and using my main PC.  I’ll try the desktop mode setup on the Win 2 as you directed.

I think in a Windowed Project64 I remember it running nicely, and much the same on a Fullscreen RetroArch for N64 as well. PCSX2 from my understanding can do okay with some games..but seems things with the Win 1 are less than i3 because my i3 HP Notebook does better than the Win 1. You have to get some addition plugins and all if you use ePSXe for it too because for some reason it gets extremely slow which is strange to me..but glad to see it now running at a much better speed.