LaunchBox Community Forums

Slow loading times and playlists

Styphelus

Does anyone experience slow loading times with Launchbox or Bigbox? Mine has been taking almost a minute and a half to load. Is this normal? It used to take about 30 seconds until I started adding some playlists. Currently I only have the auto generated playlists for Arcade, Consoles and Computers but  I have 76 systems setup so there are quite a few playlists. I'm also using RetroHumanoid's Retrified theme.

Why would playlists slowdown the startup by a whole minute? 

Is there an easy way to remove the playlists temporarily (and re-add them later on) without messing my whole setup? This would be just for testing purposes only.

Manual playlists will help some.

I don't know what kind of workaround you would have in mind, it's a simple matter of system speed + # of playlists, your system has to parse all of your platforms xml files for the metadata that matches up with your auto playlist to generate that actual playlist.

Now if your LB is taking 1.5 minutes to load up without auto playlists then there might be something else causing and issue that needs investigation but the amount of time required to start up will depend on your CPU, how many auto playlists you have, how many platforms and how many games you have imported.

Thanks. 

I saw your other post on how to convert an auto playlist to a manual one. I started doing that for the systems that are complete and won't have any new games added to them. Seem to be helping. Still quite a few more systems to go. This should improve things.