LaunchBox Community Forums

Error when launching Far Cry 5 in LB/BB

The Papaw

When I try to start Far Cry 5 it get the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)
Click OK to close the application."

I have tried porting it to the exe file as well as creating a shorcut and pointing to that. It works perfectly fine without LB. I have checked it with the currect beta version and also tried going back to v9.7. Any one else having this issue or any have any ideas???

8 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

When I try to start Far Cry 5 it get the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)
Click OK to close the application."

I have tried porting it to the exe file as well as creating a shorcut and pointing to that. It works perfectly fine without LB. I have checked it with the currect beta version and also tried going back to v9.7. Any one else having this issue or any have any ideas???

Have a look at the link below, it appears to be a Windows error and not related to Launchbox per se.

https://windows101tricks.com/fix-application-unable-start-correctly-error-0xc0000018-windows-10/

On 4/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, neil9000 said:

Have a look at the link below, it appears to be a Windows error and not related to Launchbox per se.

https://windows101tricks.com/fix-application-unable-start-correctly-error-0xc0000018-windows-10/

I have looked into the suggestions from the URL, tried re-installing, disable antivirus, ran the SFC utility, all the device drivers and BIOS are up to date on a large modern system (8086k cpu, 1080ti gpu, 32gb ram, 8TB hdd, z390 Tiachi mb, so I don't think any of this is it.) It works fine if I eliminate LB from the launching process. Got me stumped.