LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Issues

zeroyear27

Hey guys-

For the life of me, I cannot get MAME to work on Launchbox. I am trying to use a nonmerged 0.193 MAME rom set. I went to Tools, Import, MAME Arcade Full Set. I've downlaoded mameb0209b 64 bit and extracted it. I have triple checked the ROM location to make sure it is correct. When I try to open a rom, It will try to initialize then it will just display info about the rom (video/filename/CPU requirements) and it will just stay there and not load the rom. Are there BIOS files I need or something? I tried to create a .ini file using my command prompt, but when I do that, nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by zeroyear27

6 minutes ago, zeroyear27 said:

Hey guys-

For the life of me, I cannot get MAME to work on Launchbox. I am trying to use a nonmerged 0.193 MAME rom set. I went to Tools, Import, MAME Arcade Full Set. I've downlaoded mameb0209b 64 bit and extracted it. I have triple checked the ROM location to make sure it is correct. When I try to open a rom, It will try to initialize then it will just display info about the rom (video/filename/CPU requirements) and it will just stay there and not load the rom. Are there BIOS files I need or something? I tried to create a .ini file using my command prompt, but when I do that, nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

just hit any button.