LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroatch -PS1 - Mednafen issues

PowerCooker

ok so I'm trying to emulate ps1 games in retroatch via mednafen but no matter what i do nothing works..

i downloaded the mednafen beetle core

i googled the ps1 bios mednafen needs and put that into system

told retroatch where the bios is. Tried to boot a game and it just doesn't boot up at all....

Did i miss something? How many files are meant to be with the ps1 emulator? It said i needed the USA sch....i forget the exact number - but i know i got it

seriously what am idoing wrong

Well the two main causes of CD based games not working is bad bios and bad disk images.

Make sure your bios are correct, check by loading the core and then checking the info. You can also check your md5 checksums against what they are supposed to be here https://docs.libretro.com/library/beetle_psx/#bios

If your bios are 100% then your disk images need to be rechecked, cue + bin format from the release group ReDump are known to be 100%.