LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch 1.7.7 issues

pjgold999

I'm new to launch box and retroarch so my issues could well be operator error, however my issue is that retroarch is running extremely slow on multiple cores and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

I have a totally clean Windows 10 installed on a dedicated emulation PC (Dell Optiplex 990 I5 8gb USFF integrated GPU).

I’ve installed retroarch 1.7.7 which appears to be working ok, however there are a few odd things happening, the progress bar font is displayed in unreadable blocks when loading cores or updating anything and there is no background ribbon displayed. This remains unchanged after multiple re-installs.

SNES games run extremely slow with very stuttered audio, unplayable when run from launch box or direct from retroarch using the snes9x core. However the CPU/GPU is only running at 30%. No change when the audio is disabled.

When I run from the stand alone snes9x emulator I have no issues at full screen and full frame rate as you would expect.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, pjgold999 said:

I’ve installed retroarch 1.7.7 which appears to be working ok, however there are a few odd things happening, the progress bar font is displayed in unreadable blocks when loading cores or updating anything and there is no background ribbon displayed. This remains unchanged after multiple re-installs.

I have a similar issue to this, I have unreadable blocks on mine and not sure why??

17 minutes ago, pjgold999 said:

SNES games run extremely slow with very stuttered audio, unplayable when run from launch box or direct from retroarch using the snes9x core. However the CPU/GPU is only running at 30%. No change when the audio is disabled.

Since you say this happens when you run from Retroarch on its own then there is something wrong in your setup, I suggest asking over on their forums.

1 hour ago, pjgold999 said:

Solved, I ended up just cycling through video drivers d3d11 solved the issue.

Ahh, brilliant man. Thanks so much. I opened up debug mode and managed to get it working.

Not sure why I was so dumb as to not try it, duh.. haha

Thanks again man