LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with Sammy atomiswave and Super model 3.

camboico

Hi guys, I need help with these 2 platforms.

Use demul to emulate naomi and cia ... and I'm perfect except with sammy. When launching the game from launchbox / bigbox does not launch the game, it launches the game selection screen of the emulator itself.

The same problem happens to me with the sega model 3 emulator (supermodel). I have tried to use both the .exe and the graphical option UI. And I get the same result.
I leave some images of my settings so you can help me in what is wrong.

Thanks guys.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

For Supermodel the problem is you are pointing to the Supermodel-UI.exe you need to point to Supermodel.exe (there should be 2 exe files in your supermodel folder). 

For Sammy I do not see anything obviously wrong in your images. The command line parameter looks right. The only thing different in my set-up is I do not have the box checked for "Use file name only without file extension...". Although if you are able to run Naomi and the others with it checked than Sammy should work. Try unchecking it and see if it makes a different. Can you run the Sammy games directly in Demul?

15 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

For Supermodel the problem is you are pointing to the Supermodel-UI.exe you need to point to Supermodel.exe (there should be 2 exe files in your supermodel folder). 

For Sammy I do not see anything obviously wrong in your images. The command line parameter looks right. The only thing different in my set-up is I do not have the box checked for "Use file name only without file extension...". Although if you are able to run Naomi and the others with it checked than Sammy should work. Try unchecking it and see if it makes a different. Can you run the Sammy games directly in Demul?

Hi,

I have followed your directions and:

- for demul and sammy there are no changes. Keep launching the emulator screen to manually choose the game.

- for supermodel, if I choose the other exe. nothing happens. The game is not launched.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

For Supermodel do your games run directly in the emulator? There is an option to set the rom path for Supermodel games. Did you set the path?

Also on Demul I have both boxes checked. I was incorrect in my last post. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.18.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.28.19 AM.png

Hi,

Fix the problem with supermodel. If it was the wrong path of the roms folder. Thanks !
With resection to demul and Sammy I remain the same. Only the game selection window opens. From there once the juice is chosen, from that window it starts.
I have tried another demul version and it gives me the same error. And this only happens to me with Sammy. So naomi, hikaru, etc ... works well from LB.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Did you set your path for your Atomiswave roms in Demul? If they are in a unique folder from Naomi and the others you have to set the path as well. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.41.43 AM.png

Yes, check the routes after my failure with supermodel. The routes in demul are ok. I have separated by folders the roms of naomi, hikaru, sammy etc ...

55 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Directly in Demul the Sammy games run ok?

Yes, using the emulator everything runs ok. The only fault is when LB calls demul to run Sammy's games. I do not know if to try another set of roms in case the format of these is the one that gives the failure.

I have the games in this format ...

6.PNG

Edited by camboico

45 minutes ago, camboico said:

Yes, using the emulator everything runs ok. The only fault is when LB calls demul to run Sammy's games. I do not know if to try another set of roms in case the format of these is the one that gives the failure.

I have the games in this format ...

6.PNG

All mine are zipped, basically from a full Mame romset. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

All mine are zipped, basically from a full Mame romset. 

I have had these games (Naomi, Sammy, etc ...) in my mame folder, but launcbox never made me the lists. LB only makes me the typical lists of classics, capcom, konami, etc.
That's why I had to separate Naomi, Hikaru, Sammy, etc. in separate folders and create them manually.
I'm going to try to put the files of each game of sammy in a rar or to download another rom set from somewhere that is different from this one and try.