LaunchBox Community Forums

Changes in GamesDB (re-scraping)

Xyb0t

Hi guys and girls :)

I have been using Launchbox for a few weeks now. I loved it so much that i got myself a Bigbox license and shortly after of course EmuMovies also, both lifetime; because this emulation hobby of mine is definitely worth it and i am CRAZY about that sexy Bigbox layout and all the themes. I love the whole ecosystem with the community, the external services, the database, you name it :) And this is my first humble attemt to post about a n00b issue that i ran into:

While messing around with some ROMs import and stuff, i came across some "discrepancies" in the database. A fresh example: "The Sims 2 - castaway" for PSP. The picture of the disc was marked as "Cart", so my Launchbox did not find the Disc picture of course. Then i comitted a change from "cart" to "disc" - this has now been accepted, and i see in the database (through my browser) that the disc pic is indeed marked as "Disc" (https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/31936)

So, i went to Launchbox, Right-clicked the game and select "Edit". Then i clicked "Download images", but i still don't see "Disc" in the list despite the image clearly has been corrected. Hmmm, i deleted the game and re-imported that single title (hoping that it would refresh some metadata or something), but it's the same deal... i see a list of all the pics related to the "Castaway" title, but "Disc" is not one of them :S

Now, i am fairly sure that this error is fully on my behalf :D Even though Launchbox is extremely comfortable compared to RetroPie on my Pi3, it is still very elaborate and i keep finding cool features. My guess is that i just missed something important.

I hope that some veteran Launchboxer can kindly teach me how to fix this in the correct way?

Edit: fixed a few typos for readability

Edited by Xyb0t

If memory serves me correct the downloads for the DB get updated but once every 24 hours. So try about a day later and see if it downloads. I think that even though you see it on the site, there is that delay before Launchbox can download media. 

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

If memory serves me correct the downloads for the DB get updated but once every 24 hours. So try about a day later and see if it downloads. I think that even though you see it on the site, there is that delay before Launchbox can download media. 

Aah, that sounds very plausible. Thanks, i will grab a cold one instead and wait to give it another go tomorrow :)

I really like this db stuff, and i already found a few booboos which i reported. I think it is very comforting for my OCD, hehe... hoping to get 25 corrections in time, so i can also contribute with with the db entries.