LaunchBox Community Forums

Best way to exit Demul/Naomi? AHK?

Medullah

Hey all -

I appreciate all the help you guys have given me.  I have my cabinet put together and Launchbox is working 99% (still issues with controllers in Steam games but I know what to do there, just need to spend some time on it).  

I have a Windows machine set up with Launchbox and am having trouble figuring out a good way to exit Demul/Naomi without using the keyboard.  I have two six button joysticks with a Start button for both P1 and P2 as well as coin buttons for both P1 and P2 added.  I was thinking it would be nice to have a script like "If P1 and P2 start are held for 10 seconds, it exits the emulator" but am scratching my head on the best way to make that script.  

Any advice?  Alternatives to AHK are welcome.  

Do your joysticks replicate keystrokes or game controller buttons? 

Either way, Using the built in controller or keyboard automation from Launchbox works with Demul.

In your Demul setup from the Launchbox emulator edit screen put this AHK in the Running AHK tab. Then set your controller or keyboard automation buttons in Launchbox settings. 

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Do your joysticks replicate keystrokes or game controller buttons? 

Either way, Using the built in controller or keyboard automation from Launchbox works with Demul.

In your Demul setup from the Launchbox emulator edit screen put this AHK in the Running AHK tab. Then set your controller or keyboard automation buttons in Launchbox settings. 

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
} 

Does that work for holding a button?  

I'm using custom sticks with a zero delay encoder which windows recognizes natively but of course is a nightmare to get to work with Steam and things.  :D 

That code just tells the program to recognize Escape key as command to close emulator. Launchbox’s controller automation should send Escape key to close the game. So when you set up your buttons in that section of Launchbox it works to basically say “If I hold this button and press this button send Escape”. 

There a lots of us using same style setup as you and it works just fine. 

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

That code just tells the program to recognize Escape key as command to close emulator. Launchbox’s controller automation should send Escape key to close the game. So when you set up your buttons in that section of Launchbox it works to basically say “If I hold this button and press this button send Escape”. 

There a lots of us using same style setup as you and it works just fine. 

Awesome I'll giver her a shot.  Thanks!