LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi all, I have the latest LB and PAUSE is not working at all

cleverest

I stand somewhat corrected...Mupen64 works with P...now they all seem too...I downloaded a pack to place into L:\LaunchBox\PauseMenu and now basic ones (retroarch for example) seem to work....but still not pcsx2 or dolphin...

Anyone have success with those?

Both, pcsx2 and dolphin, are working fine for me with the pause feature. My only guess is that you might have a conflict by assigning the letter "p" as it may be assigned within the emulator's program as well. I've assigned the "insert" key for my pause menu since I've never seen any other emulation-related programs use it for anything

Edited by bundangdon

46 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Both, pcsx2 and dolphin, are working fine for me with the pause feature. My only guess is that you might have a conflict by assigning the letter "p" as it may be assigned within the emulator's program as well. I've assigned the "insert" key for my pause menu since I've never seen any other emulation-related programs use it for anything

I tried INSERT, doesn't work for anything....changed to PAUSE (which would be ideal), same thing....now P doesn't work anymore...I don't know what's going on.

Do you have any other controller-related programs running, like joy2key for example? Those programs can cause conflicts as I've learned. Also, when I set "insert" as my pause key, it looks like this in the options setting. See the image below for reference, and hopefully it helps?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5fb4d421c4e9ffd610ab7b8c9d9b2f6d.jpg

Just now, bundangdon said:

Do you have any other controller-related programs running, like joy2key for example? Those programs can cause conflicts as I've learned. Also, when I set "insert" as my pause key, it looks like this in the options setting. See the image below for reference, and hopefully it helps?

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5fb4d421c4e9ffd610ab7b8c9d9b2f6d.jpg

No other software...unless Nvidia game popup thing that happens in Win10 is interfering somehow...mine looks the same as yours.

10 minutes ago, cleverest said:

5 minutes ago, cleverest said:

After restarting LB, INSERT seems to be working for everything I've tried ? - Thanks!

Going to switch to PAUSE for whatever platforms I can though...are you aware of any that conflicts with PAUSE? (that actual KB key)

Not really sure, but programs like retroarch and mame use various keyboard shortcuts within their respective programs, so there could always be conflicts with those two. For example, by default "p" also is a pause feature within retroarch. That's why I use "insert" as a shortcut since it's never used by any emulators, except maybe the computer ones (Commodore 64, Amstrad, etc.).

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 1

Just now, bundangdon said:

Not really sure, but programs like retroarch and mame use various keyboard shortcuts within their respective programs, so there could always be conflicts with those two. That's why I use "insert" as a shortcut since it's never used by any emulators, except maybe the computer ones (Commodore 64, Amstrad, etc.).

Good advice, but for the record, PAUSE seems to work fine in Retroarch, although as you said, it may not work well with all cores...I shall see...

• Like 1

ScummVM / DOS (from the ExoDos pack, using DOSBOX) work with PAUSE, but the screen is broken...when returning back to game with ScummVM game the resolution is whacked out with artifacts from different windows up and the game small in a window...with DOSBOX, it reverts to a window...in both cases the BLACK DOS window comes up first and I have to click the actual game in the taskbar...

Is it possible to resolve this for these games using PAUSE?

Okay this is annoying...any PAUSE that I do in Retroarch works fine, I can open manuals too...which is really cool, press ESC and it exits, but then when I choose RESUME game, the game is closed, presumably because I pressed ESC to close the manual before that....what is the best way to resolve this so that ESC on the manual doesn't close the game in Retroarch??