LaunchBox Community Forums

managing emulators

starfiretbt

I have been playing games on multiple platforms for a while now and I have heard Launch-box is really good at doing that but I have been afraid to mess with my system until now. I am currently trying to get Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and some freeware PC games on Launch-box. It seems pretty strait forward and easy to do however I was watching a tutorial (1) just to make sure I didn't screw it up despite how easy it appears. However as I watched the video the person in the video has his games under a different folder than me. Currently I emulate dos games with Launch-box and they are under the folder LaunchBox > Games > MS-DOS > (my dos games), his folder is LaunchBox > Games > Platforms > (multiple platforms) > (his games).

My question is this, if I set up another folder called Platforms between Games and the actual games and move my MS-DOS folder there will this screw up my dos games?

4 hours ago, starfiretbt said:

I have been playing games on multiple platforms for a while now and I have heard Launch-box is really good at doing that but I have been afraid to mess with my system until now. I am currently trying to get Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and some freeware PC games on Launch-box. It seems pretty strait forward and easy to do however I was watching a tutorial (1) just to make sure I didn't screw it up despite how easy it appears. However as I watched the video the person in the video has his games under a different folder than me. Currently I emulate dos games with Launch-box and they are under the folder LaunchBox > Games > MS-DOS > (my dos games), his folder is LaunchBox > Games > Platforms > (multiple platforms) > (his games).

My question is this, if I set up another folder called Platforms between Games and the actual games and move my MS-DOS folder there will this screw up my dos games?

You can have your roms/games anywhere you want. When you import just tell the import wizard to leave the games where they are (Use Files in Their Current Location). 

To answer your specific question the answer could be "yes or no" depending on if you have already imported your games into launchbox. I do not mess with MS-DOS games so I could not confirm how it will affect the games outside of that. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 4.33.42 PM.png