LaunchBox Community Forums

My registered drive won't launch on another system

cleverest

I'm connecting a copy of my main drive to a second system of mine, and it won't open, I get an error. I tried reinstalling LB over the same folder, something I've done many times in the past on this drive (using latest 9.9) and after the D3D prompt comes up, it gives an error and won't finish install...this is from Eventvwr:

Faulting application name: LaunchBox.exe, version: 9.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cfac042
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.592, time stamp: 0xaee8f822
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039129
Faulting process id: 0x858
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5298858a05efb
Faulting application path: L:\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 69f85e85-34ce-4dc2-af9b-593d4bd7f32e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any idea what else I can try?

LB_error_1.JPG

By creating the same folder on the drive, renaming the old one to something else first, I got it working...the issue happens when I copy/move over the folder to the new LAunchbox folder I installed into called CDRDAO and CefSharp...WTF do they do?  I started the drive without those and they seem to recreate them just fine...is this going to change my collection between the two drives? Any help appreciate @Jason Carr - it may be resolved now, just want to check....

After copying over some platform and playlist XML from my original image of this drive, it opens and mostly seems fine, except I keep crashing with this:

UGH...any ideas? I open VLC in the Launchbox x64 folder and it wants to update...I said NO...should I let it update to that place?

LB_VLC_CRASH.JPG

This is the error, I'm getting in full:

Can't create a Vlc instence, check your Vlc options.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 9.9
Type:    Meta.Vlc.VlcCreateFailException
Site:    Void .ctor(System.String[], Boolean)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at Meta.Vlc.Vlc..ctor(String[] argv, Boolean music)
   at ()
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ApiManager.get_DefaultVlc()
   at (VlcPlayer , String , String[] )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.Initialize(String libVlcPath, String[] libVlcOption)
   at (VlcPlayer , EventArgs )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.OnInitialized(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.TryFireInitialized()
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.AddLogicalChild(Object child)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.AddInternal(UIElement element)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Controls.VideoControl.<.ctor>b__8_0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

7:51:16 PM Music.Prepare Start
   7:51:16 PM Music.Kill Start
   7:51:16 PM Music.Kill Finished
   7:51:16 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:51:16 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   7:53:00 PM Music.Play Start
   7:53:00 PM Music.Kill Start
   7:53:00 PM Music.Kill Finished
   7:53:00 PM Music.Play Empty Music Path
   7:53:00 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   7:53:00 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   7:53:00 PM Exception

Edited by cleverest

Wow, what a mess. That first error suggests that maybe there's some kind of corruption in the .NET Framework install on that machine. Beyond that though, it's hard to tell what's going on. I would try a fresh install to a new folder to see if that works on that machine first.

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, what a mess. That first error suggests that maybe there's some kind of corruption in the .NET Framework install on that machine. Beyond that though, it's hard to tell what's going on. I would try a fresh install to a new folder to see if that works on that machine first.

That works, more or less.. I described in following posts, that copying every folder (my media and games, etc) works fine in new folder....until I copy that CEFSharp folder....on top of that, some Playlists and Platforms corrupted XMLS...not sure what caused it ?

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

That works, more or less.. I described in following posts, that copying every folder (my media and games, etc) works fine in new folder....until I copy that CEFSharp folder....on top of that, some Playlists and Platforms corrupted XMLS...not sure what caused it ?

That CefSharp folder does not contain any of your data, and should be re-generated on startup, so you shouldn't need to copy it over. Just delete it and it and a correct version should regenerate. Same with the VLC folder.

Per the corrupted XML error, that probably happened because of all the other errors going on. Hopefully you can pull a known good working copy of it from your other system.

• Like 1