LaunchBox Community Forums

Too much RAM consumption

D3vulz

Heya

I currently got the issue where LB can easily consume up to 10 out of 16GB of RAM or even more. I don't even think it's a bug, LB is rather loading all the screenshots I got on display when selecting a game (sometimes it's up to a 100 screenshots per game).

It would be nice to have the max RAM consumption limited again and the RAM cache should be cleared when selecting another game.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:39 AM, D3vulz said:

Heya

I currently got the issue where LB can easily consume up to 10 out of 16GB of RAM or even more. I don't even think it's a bug, LB is rather loading all the screenshots I got on display when selecting a game (sometimes it's up to a 100 screenshots per game). 

It would be nice to have the max RAM consumption limited again and the RAM cache should be cleared when selecting another game.

This is a new one that I haven't heard of. LaunchBox definitely does clear the RAM for previously loaded images when switching to a new game. I've done some testing and I can't seem to get the RAM usage any higher than a couple gigs with heavy usage; not really sure what I'm missing here. Can you post your PC specs, operating system, etc.? Do you use boxes or list view?

Heya Jason

Thanks for answering. I'm using the newest LB non-beta 9.9 version with box view. It only started appearing when I added screenshots to games. Once I click on a few with the game details tab on it starts to add up very quickly.  The RAM usage does not normalise if I disable the details tab.

Also, I just realised that if I start LB without the details tab and if no screenshots ever get loaded that way, the RAM usage stays at <1GB.  So I think it might be an issue with the details tab. So for now the workaround is not to use the details tab or to close LB after every launch.

I can upload my whole LB folder (9GB) to Mega.nz if you'd like...

I'm using W10 1809, 16GB RAM, 7700k, 1080Ti

Let me know if you need more.