LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform-specific default images not displaying.

Ghostlines

I have my default images set up and they display fine as long as the game has NO other images already set to it. Which is fine except for let's say you have box art but you dont have cart art. It wont pick up the default cart art if you have a specific box art assigned to the game. 

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I just thought I'd post it here just in case. 

If it's not a bug, is there a way to have Launchbox blanket any missing fields with default images? Or will having any images assigned to a game disqualify it from the default images by design?

8 hours ago, Ghostlines said:

I have my default images set up and they display fine as long as the game has NO other images already set to it. Which is fine except for let's say you have box art but you dont have cart art. It wont pick up the default cart art if you have a specific box art assigned to the game. 

Not sure if this is a bug or not but I just thought I'd post it here just in case. 

If it's not a bug, is there a way to have Launchbox blanket any missing fields with default images? Or will having any images assigned to a game disqualify it from the default images by design?

Seems to work fine. Just tested by setting Default 3D Box and 3D Cart for SNES and removing the images from their respective folders. When I change change the view in Launchbox to display either the 3D Box or the 3D Cart. A default image will not show if you have more than one image priority set in your settings and images exist for those priorities.