LaunchBox Community Forums

Hyperspin to launchbox

Rickjulie

8 hours ago, Rickjulie said:

Hello, any help is greatly appreciated I currently have a hyperspin system and I am wanting to convert to launchbox. How difficult would it be to switch over. Or will launchbox configure most of it. Thanks for any help or guidance. Rick

It will of course need configuring, you will need to supply your rom and emulator paths, but Launchbox will aquire the art for you. If you are coming from hyperspin i assume you are using rocketlauncher, you can continue to use that if you want, its fully compatible. You will just need to tell rocketlauncher UI to use Launchbox instead of Hyperspin.

I'm actually in the middle of doing the same thing...moving away from HyperSpin to LaunchBox/BigBox. One of my biggest things is to try and streamline things between the frontend to the emulater(s). I've never been a fan of RocketLauncher as another layer to HyperSpin, just to get HyperSpin to do what you wanted it to do. To me, all the configuration within RocketLauncher need to be integrated into HyperSpin. But, it seems like development on HyperSpin has stalled out and everyone using it are just "getting by" with all the plug-ins, RocketLauncher settings, etc.

So, I'm moving to LaunchBox. It's got a strong community and is in constant development.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, neil9000 said:

It will of course need configuring, you will need to supply your rom and emulator paths, but Launchbox will aquire the art for you. If you are coming from hyperspin i assume you are using rocketlauncher, you can continue to use that if you want, its fully compatible. You will just need to tell rocketlauncher UI to use Launchbox instead of Hyperspin.

I think I may be as well off to just start fresh with launch box I have all my roms backed up on another drive .

I am considering the same thing. I have had launchbox lifetime subscription since about 2013. My HTPC was stolen and I had to replace it. I found a guy that sells them already configured with hyperspin so I’m sitting on 20tb of Roms. However, I like launchbox more and have had issues with some of the emulators working mainly Wii U. I wish there was a program that could just port all your stuff for you