LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause Screen and Background Music

jakielee

Hi All,

Looked around and couldn't find anyone else experiencing this issue so wanted to see if I'm missing something obvious.  

Just started using the Pause Screen feature. It works as expected but if i use the Pause Screen at any point during game play, when I finish and return to Big Box, my background music does not resume.  If I skip tracks the next song starts without issue.

Is there a setting I need to have checked?  This happens every time as far as i can tell. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for the delays on this. I'm trying to reproduce it to get it fixed, but even if I use the pause screen, the music is resuming just fine for me in my testing. Is it happening for all emulators for you? What emulators are affected? Do you have the Game Shutdown screens enabled? Are they showing up properly?

On 10/8/2019 at 6:49 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi guys, sorry for the delays on this. I'm trying to reproduce it to get it fixed, but even if I use the pause screen, the music is resuming just fine for me in my testing. Is it happening for all emulators for you? What emulators are affected? Do you have the Game Shutdown screens enabled? Are they showing up properly?

Hi Jason, Yes on every emulator, if using the pause screen then exiting the game the background music is gone, you can still hear the key selection and all other sounds and if you've hot keyed buttons for switching music tracks you can press one of them to start up a new track but it just doesn't resume from where the last track stopped. I've come from version 8.3 to this new version. The game shutdown screen is enabled, I've tried with and without it but no success. 

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same issue as above. 

Happens on all emulators after using pause screen and then later exiting the game either via pause or esc button the background music has stopped. Navigation sounds are still working. I can manually get background music playing again via keyboard mapping keys for start background music / next track. 

I have background music sound settings to priorities over video sound. I note that if I just use video sound and not background music the video sound is not affected by the pause screens.