LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box FPS change

twobucks

I am running a freesync monitor that is set to run at 90 Hertz default.  I am noticing that videos and scrolling text are running choppy due to big box running at 60 fps.

I found an old forum post indicating that a feature would be added to allow changing the FPS that Big Box runs.

Has this feature ever been implemented and if so how do i change it to 90 fps to match the monitor frequency?

21 minutes ago, twobucks said:

I am running a freesync monitor that is set to run at 90 Hertz default.  I am noticing that videos and scrolling text are running choppy due to big box running at 60 fps.

I found an old forum post indicating that a feature would be added to allow changing the FPS that Big Box runs.

Has this feature ever been implemented and if so how do i change it to 90 fps to match the monitor frequency?

There are various options for framerate, unfortunately 90 is not one of those. If you want to play with them Options/General.

So i went and tried all the different settings and the problem still persists. I did try 60 fps and set my monitor to 60 hertz just to test and i found all the videos and animations are now smooth but the scrolling text is still a stuttering mess. Any ideas on why the scrolling text of all things would still be a problem if everything else is running smoothly? My guess is it must be something with the freesync monitor and big box but not really sure at this point. I will just disable scrolling text for now.

Is there anyway to add 90 fps or change a config file to force it in bigbox?