LaunchBox Community Forums

X Arcade Dual Tank stick with Ball

Arcade Caveman

6 hours ago, Choo Choo Maan said:

does anybody know the mappings for xarcade dual tanstick i know the ball acts as a mouse but i cant get my games to work on go back and forth or uo and down no esc or fire buttons etc. please help. thanks

There is not really a set mapping that works with all emulators. You just need to open each emulator and go to its control configuration setting and set each Tankstick button/control to the emulator. The Tankstick is seen as keyboard inputs and works with pretty much a majority of emulators. 

The newer version of the Tankstick has a switch you can change it to either D-input or X-input. You can also buy the new encoder to update to this if you have the older version of the Tankstick. 

18 hours ago, Choo Choo Maan said:

ok what letter is start or fire etc thats what i dont understand  i cant do it on my keyboard either  i dont know what goes with what  difficult to use

What is difficult to use? You open the emulator of choice. Look for where the settings are to bind the controls. Then typically you click a control (Let's say "UP") in the emulator setting then you move the joystick on the Tankstick "Up" to bind it. Same with buttons. You choose which button you want mapped to do what control. It is a simple as (1) clicking on the control item and (2) clicking the button on the tankstick you want it mapped to. Repeat step 1 and step 2 until done. Some emulators can be a little more involved, but not by much. 

18 hours ago, Choo Choo Maan said:

why isnt there software or at least some kind of diagram for bigbox?

There is no diagram because the user sets the controls how he/she wants. In order for my Tankstick to be able to move around in BigBox I had to tell it which button was select, back, and so on. In BigBox here are examples of what I mapped controls and Select/Back to on my Tankstick. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 1.59.45 PM.png