LaunchBox Community Forums

viewing multiple game art

starfiretbt

I have been experimenting with M.A.M.E. and I have noticed some games have box art and others don't, while others might have screen shots and others don't. If I choose one or the other some games are going to look like blank images. Is there a way to show one image and if it's not available skip to the next one? Or better yet, let you see all the art available if you hold your mouse over the game so you can see the game art and then the screen shots without having to go to the edit screen.

Also I seem only able to organize my games by specific categories such as by year the game was made or by genre to give two examples, but it would be nice to organize by genre and then order by year it was made combining the two but in different order.

2 minutes ago, starfiretbt said:

I have been experimenting with M.A.M.E. and I have noticed some games have box art and others don't, while others might have screen shots and others don't. If I choose one or the other some games are going to look like blank images. Is there a way to show one image and if it's not available skip to the next one? Or better yet, let you see all the art available if you hold your mouse over the game so you can see the game art and then the screen shots without having to go to the edit screen.

Tools/Options/Image priorities, pick the category you want to use, then check the other image types to fall back on and order them in the order you would like the image types to show.

image.thumb.png.fcaed82d7d34ffb9dc3e33d17b6baf15.png

I saw that feature but I have only the free version. I'll get premium Launch Box because I believe in supporting emulation.

EDIT: It worked, thank you this post is solved.

Edited by starfiretbt
just purchased big box and tried solution to problem