LaunchBox Community Forums

Weird issue with universal remote

Gr8Pretender56

Hey guys,

I've been using the Steam Link app on my smart TV to stream Launchbox with Retroarch. It works perfectly, but I'm having a really weird issue where the buttons of my universal remote correspond to prompts within retroarch. Now for most buttons this isn't an issue because I'm not pushing them while I'm playing anyway, the only exception is the volume up and down. Volume up causes me to send a debug report if I push it three times consecutively, and volume down makes retroarch mute. Is there a way I could circumnavigate this issue somehow, or am I stuck with it? I'm not quite sure if I can just unbind the buttons for those commands for retroarch on my computer, and if that would stop the problem.

What kind of remote do you have??? What TV and other systems are you using with it? And how did you configurate this remote? Is there more than one way to configurate the remote??? If I can get some more data (TV model, remote model etc.) I could help you maybe a little more. Hope so ?

On 8/6/2019 at 11:46 PM, m3TTwUrsT said:

What kind of remote do you have??? What TV and other systems are you using with it? And how did you configurate this remote? Is there more than one way to configurate the remote??? If I can get some more data (TV model, remote model etc.) I could help you maybe a little more. Hope so ?

Hey sorry for taking so long with this, been caught up with a ton of RL stuff and totally forgot I even made this post in the first place. It's a Samsung TV if that helps, Q65F is the specific model it uses, the remote comes with the TV itself. It is a universal remote though, it is able to control the volume of my amplifier which runs my sound system, that being the only other device the TV itself is hooked up to physically. Hopefully that provides a little bit of clarification.

• 2 weeks later...