LaunchBox Community Forums

Get Info From Launchbox To VB .Net?

I would like to know how to get specific information from launchbox and then run launchbox with specific command-line parameters. I need to know how I can get the rom filepath from launchbox into my VB .net program and then also to launch the rom with LaunchBox.exe with some command-line parameters. Hoping someone can help with this.

Thanks

Edited by Dreamwarrior77

Sound like a serious project. :) 

You can't run LaunchBox with a(ny) command-line parameter(s).  Wouldn't that basically be a shelled redundancy of just launching the emulator with its' command-lines?

To get the rom path you can parse the platforms xml file located under ../Data/Platforms.   <Application Path>    If the specific game has a cl, it's in <CommandLine>.  Now, if the emulator for that game has its' own cl, from the  platforms xml file you need to get the emulators Guid from <Emulator> and then under ../Data, open Emulators.xml, search for the Guid in <ID> and in that node find <CommandLine>.

• Thanks 1

Sound like a serious project. :) 

Thanks haha, yeah simple but I thought it might be needed until I realized the issue I was trying to make a temp fix for was already patched/fixed in launchbox.

I was trying to run Future Pinball tables from Launchbox and having trouble with the Future Pinball software loading the games.

Found a fix here by a guy on youtube that uses command line parameters and it fixes the issue.

But Launchbox has fixed it by being able to use this code in the emulator section for command line codes:

/open %romfile% /play /exit

and this works fine so no worries it works fine now. I just found the fix after posting this, as I do a small bit of VB .net coding.

You can't run LaunchBox with a(ny) command-line parameter(s).  Wouldn't that basically be a shelled redundancy of just launching the emulator with its' command-lines?

I was not sure if you could pass command line parameters when loading Launchbox.. I thought you could, considering Launchbox itself passes command line parameters to other emulators?

Redundant? Yeah that was the point though since I thought it was still an issue.. I was going to try to just get the needed data (the file path) and then run launchbox with command line to run the Future Pinball games.

To get the rom path you can parse the platforms xml file located under ../Data/Platforms.   <Application Path>    If the specific game has a cl, it's in <CommandLine>.  Now, if the emulator for that game has its' own cl, from the  platforms xml file you need to get the emulators Guid from <Emulator> and then under ../Data, open Emulators.xml, search for the Guid in <ID> and in that node find <CommandLine>.

Thanks ok but I wanted it to be able to click the game entry in Launchbox and then have it load the game via the Future Pinball software.

I was hoping to give back to the community with a small temp fix or anything else I could make but this is already patched and working.

Thanks for responding though @JoeViking245 I really appreciate it.

• Game On 1