LaunchBox Community Forums

Link launching snafu's

CaptainGreenhat

Hello and thanks for reading.

I use a dedicated computer with launchbox as an all in one media front end. To launch websites such as forums, social media, netflix etc etc I use saved links. I have been using firefox but I want to use brave browser but I am not getting the behavior I want.

I am trying to use chromium/brave command line arguments to do a few things.
1. --new-window (to launch link in it's own unique window)
2. --start-fullscreen (to launch the link as if I had pressed f11)
3. I'm using AutoHotkey to launch a BAT file to close the window when I press escape so it returns to the launchbox UI. (only thing working) The BAT only contains "taskkill /F /IM chrome.exe /T > nul"

There are two ways for me to launch the link.
1. As a .url, this uses windows to launch the link using specified default browser. This launches the link fine

all of this works in firefox no problem. 

I can open the link with brave as my default browser and it works fine but with no extra options like full screen or it being its own window.

any time I try opening the link through brave it returns plain text. (by dragging the saved shortcut onto brave.exe or by setting brave as an emulator in launchbox to open the link as an application file ran inside of brave.exe.)

returned text is as follows.
[{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
Prop3=19,11
[InternetShortcut]
IDList=
URL=https://forums.launchbox-app.com/
HotKey=0

I get the same results if I create the link using the windows interface or by dragging the lock icon from the browser to an open folder/desktop empty space.

Am I stuck using firefox or can anyone think of a solution?

application properties.png

Associated platforms.png

dotURL properties.png

edit emulator.png

Edit game.png

link plus brave browser.png

use an emulator.png

Never heard of Brave until now.  What you need to do is (unless I missed it in the reading) is to get it to do exactly what you want from the command (DOS) prompt 1st.  Whether directly or via a batch (or ahk) file.  So if you can pass something like 

d:\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe "https://www.launchbox-app.com/" --start-fullscreen

(however the order, quotes etc go) then getting into LB is easy.  Well, easier.  

It looks likes there about a bazillion Chromium command line switches which Brave makes use of.

Having Brave as your default browser is fine, but I think it's best to point to it directly as opposed to relying on Windows to pass the URL.  Also, you get to use your command lines.

Did you get it working in LB?

I tried playing around a bit.  Couldn't get it force full screen (--start-fullscreen) in LB nor the command line [which I think I screwed up the command line for (operator error)].  But it does seem to open in the state it was last opened in (fs or windowed).   Couldn't get Brave to pass a .url shortcut either.  In LB I had to set it up with no emulator.  With Brave not accepting the .url and LB not liking the http link as the Application Path (File doesn't exist), I ended up with this.image.thumb.png.8cc81ce4b05786954c6367a1de886255.pngWhich doesn't help with any sort of mass importing.