LaunchBox Community Forums

Typextra nesica games

twobucks

I just recently got the typextra emulator working with nessica games but i am looking for a little guidance on how to setup my controls for each game. 

In my case i am using an ipac that emulates keys so i am not sure what is the best way or how to setup my controls for each nessica game. I can change the keys to emulate an xbox controller but i would prefer not to go this route if there is something else i can do.

Anybody have any experience with setting controls for nessica games using typextra?

• 2 weeks later...

i figured it out in case someone is interested. this assumes you already have the nesica games running in typextra and just need to get the controls mapped to an ipac.

for each game i copied jconfig.exe along with idmacdrv32.dll to the main game folder of each nesica game. then in typextra set the controls setup file to jconfig.exe.

once this is done hit the set controls icon in typextra and assign keys in jconfig. leave Dinput as joystick type and uncheck delay, createthread for joysticks, pov sends axisxy, and individual left analog.

now this is the part that is strange and may be confusing a lot of people. if someone knows how to correct this please let me know. the button identification in jconfig is not labeled correctly. for instance p1 service is actually p1 up in game. i have attached screen shots of my jconfig to make it easier.jconfig1.thumb.png.51edb047d518c5b3d33b62f6bf891477.pngjconfig2.thumb.png.0e922d73d60f59957aae9a5b2e304ab0.png

Edited by twobucks
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

This is to be expected for loaders of newer arcade games. I know "game loader all rh" will cause the same issues with antivirus programs when downloading and installing.  I cannot say for sure the source your downloading from isn't malware but i have been using it for some time and have had no issues.  The machine i use this on is dedicated solely as an arcade cabinet with no personal information.

seemed pretty legit based upon the post in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 11:15 PM, kaichou said:

Hey twobucks, can you help me out in getting this to function?  When I download Typextra, antivirus goes APE and quarantines it.  What do you know?  Is it a real virus or isn't it?  Am I just getting a bad copy?

Thanks!

I'm the author. My original deployment contained an GameLoaderAllRH exe by mistake. Google detected it and flagged it. I've since removed the offending article, but google are being d***s about it - I just cant get them to acknowledge the new builds as safe. If you try downloading it in other browsers - you'll get no such indicator. Also, scan it with windows defender - no issues. 

It's just google being arrogant and annoying. 

If you want to check I'm kosha - just search over on byoac and GameEx forums - I aint no hacker!

Edited by stigzler
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for responding. And yeah, I ran into the game loader issue too.  Always leaves you feeling like you're gambling.  I'll have to add all this as an exception in Defender.  

stigzler, I ran into the browser issue, but this was coming up in Defender.  I downloaded your app here: http://www.emucr.com/2018/06/typextra-v1014.html using the only link that works, 7-ZippyShare.  Here's what it found:

Occamy.C --> RFIDGod_inject.exe

Is that the file you were talking about, or did someone modify your distro?  Can you update your download link?  All official download links that I've found from you no longer work.

Have to say it's awesome to be able to talk to the author.  This has been a system that I've been trying to get to work for a long time.  You still making updates to this? 

Edited by kaichou

• 1 month later...

I've been bothering stigzler too much, hoping the community can help me out.  I'm having loads of trouble getting these games to load.  Right now games open, and then close.  I noticed MS Defender showing that this file "Game Loader Config.exe" is a virus: "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C"?  To be expected?  False positive?  HOLY CRAP GET RID OF IT!!?

Ok, I got a few working.  I initially started messing with Arcana Heart 3.  When I use the included xb-monitor loader, it changes the resolution of my screen, but then just shows my desktop in that resolution.  Thinking that maybe this was because of my newer versions of Windows 10, I took a look, and it looks like this loader hasn't been updated since 2017: https://github.com/zxmarcos/xb_monitor.  I did find someone updating it here: https://github.com/Hipnosis183/xb-monitor, but I couldn't get that to work at all, just got an error.

I know that the game works, because if I use Game Loader All RH, it loads.

So I think I'm running into maybe 2 scenarios:

1: Windows 10 has made these older versions of the Loader malfunction

2: My copy of the game is slightly messed up.  Even though the TypeXtra MD5 shows it checks out.

So now I'm reading up about teknoparrot, typex_loader, and others.  There is a page that sort of describes all of these (http://www.emuline.org/topic/1459-tuto-teknoparrot-budgieloader-gameloader-all-rh-explanation-and-how-to-install-and-such-things/), great place to glean some technical info, but doesn't really answer the questions the uninitiated would have.  What I mean by that is things like "what should vanilla files look like, how to tell if I have vanilla, what do I need to make it work, what does what, why do I need it, what are my options, which is best, etc..".  Most videos I've found are the "let me hold your hand, not explain, and heaven help you if things behave differently for you" variety.

I'm not complaining, just sharing my observations.  It now comes down to parsing through the games that TypeXtra does work with, and the ones that it doesn't.  I'm hoping I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, but if not, I'll post what I've done to make them work.  Then I'd like to find the HD .exe files.  Then hopefully wrap it up and add it to Launchbox.  If there is interest in this, I'll try to post my progress.