LaunchBox Community Forums

Commodore 64 emulation with VICE problem?

Madhead

I use VICE x64 for C64 emulation and for the most part it works fine. However I have a problem with some games such as Creatures 1&2 and Another World, among others. The games hang after the trainer intros. It seems to be only games with trainers that hang, and games that were made in the 90's that push the hardware more. I first thought it was a compatability problem but i've seen other people running the Creatures games on VICE, so I know it can work. 

Is there a setting in VICE that I might have to turn on or off to get these games to boot properly? I know this may not be the best forum to ask this, but I figured you may have a solution? Thanks.

Personally, I haven't tried any of the games you mentioned and usually stick to the Commodore games from the 80's but have you tried using any of the latest versions of Vice? There's a couple of different nightly versions and the most recent one was released for download about a week ago. Here is their website: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vice-emu/files/experimental binaries/  Or you'd probably find a much more educated and informed answer to that issue from a more dedicated site like this one https://www.lemon64.com/forum/ ?

Edited by bundangdon