LaunchBox Community Forums

I guess I need a nudge in Visual Studio

Luvkraft

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct spot for my post. I keep finding myself with the urge to create a custom theme for my setup, even if it's solely just for my setup. Graphics design and designing with a wysiwyg format, like my olden days of Flash, and Dreamweaver I would be fine. Designing with code,...well, I totally blow. So I watch Mr. Carr's videos, then do the attempt, get frustrated, and do something else in life for a month, or so and then find myself once again on YouTube, for another cycle. When I watch the videos, I feel I'm doing what's being shown, making a copy of the theme folder, placing it in another location to work on, etc. More often than not, I seem to get shutdown as soon as I try to open one of the views. The most common error I get is an 'Invalid Markup' error, like VS finds a term it can't relate to, or find a proper reference for. So in-turn, I never get a chance to get a Designer window to open. I attached a screenshot, and I have no doubt it's user error, but if someone more fluent on the coding side could maybe give me a pointer on what I might do to resolve this, whether a setting change, or package I need to download, I would be greatly appreciative. 

invalid.jpg

Thanks for the response. I wondered if something like that may have been the case, but I just opened the PlatformWheel3FiltersView. xaml file from my copied Default, and it flagged the same error. I believe VS updated to 2019 recently, think I need to downgrade the VS?

Myself, I don't know.  Though I was just able to load a 'Default Copy' and it worked with Wheel3. My VS Community is up to date.image.thumb.png.2a12a62c261f08cd690a77aa21ab91fc.pngHopefully someone will chime in with "that one little checkbox" or whatever it takes to have it show.  The only remotely possible thing I can think of is, the Default theme (at least mine) uses .Net 4.6.1.  May check you have that. 

Well I've been reading deeper in the context on the errors and I have it up now. Not sure if it is the correct way, but when I copied the default, in the references folder there were only 4 dll files. So I went back to my main LB folder under the Metadata, and just copied the missing dll's. I have the Designer window opening now on all my view files. Thank you for your effort and responses.

• Like 1