LaunchBox Community Forums

How does Launchbox determine game titles from MAME zip names??

slagfart

Hi folks,

I've gotten my hands on a MAME Software set (ex-MESS set), and trying to import a few platforms into LaunchBox is giving me some strange behavior. When I Import Rom Files for a MAME software set for a specific platform (for example 32x), games that had an arcade release (After Burner, Mortal Kombat, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter and X-Men) are the only games that import correctly. Games that didn't (such as Blackthorne - inside 32x/blackthr.zip, or Knuckles Chaotix - inside 32x/chaotix.zip) don't get imported into LaunchBox.

Is there a place internally that LaunchBox keeps a list of short names and their unshortened versions? I'd be happy to add the full names for these games from the MAME hash xmls into that, if someone could tell me where it is in the code.

Thanks!

Edited by slagfart

4 hours ago, slagfart said:

Hi folks,

I've gotten my hands on a MAME Software set (ex-MESS set), and trying to import a few platforms into LaunchBox is giving me some strange behavior. When I Import Rom Files for a MAME software set for a specific platform (for example 32x), games that had an arcade release (After Burner, Mortal Kombat, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter and X-Men) are the only games that import correctly. Games that didn't (such as Blackthorne - inside 32x/blackthr.zip, or Knuckles Chaotix - inside 32x/chaotix.zip) don't get imported into LaunchBox.

Is there a place internally that LaunchBox keeps a list of short names and their unshortened versions? I'd be happy to add the full names for these games from the MAME hash xmls into that, if someone could tell me where it is in the code.

Thanks!

Software lists are not supported in Launchbox currently. So it is likely thinking those are Arcade games due to the shortnames.