LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows Cumulative Update killed Launchbox?

Y_B_A_FOOL

Hello,

I was playing around with my 8bitdo and started the new Windows update while doing so, after I rebooted Launchbox won't open. The app attempts to launch, the loading slider comes up, but then it disappears. I tried different compatibility options and I uninstalled/reinstalled the application with no resolve. I deleted everything in the directory and reinstalled the app and the issue persist. Perhaps something else messed up? I didn't find any additional files outside of the Launchbox directory, I really only looked in %appdata% folder. Any help/input would be appreciated. I might attempt uninstalling the update in a few. Attached are the updates and Windows version. Thanks!

System Specs:
Ryzen 3800x
Vega 64 LC

windows update list.JPGwinver.JPG.b614cbccb4acf61ba0584b9c96b8ea03.JPG

Edited by Y_B_A_FOOL

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Any chance you are running Riva Tuner

Yes I am, but I just uninstalled the Windows updates before verifying that Riva Tuner was the cause. Removing the updates fixed Launchbox, now I just need to reconfigure everything. Hopefully there will be a fix, I tried the report a bug link but it leads to a dead end.

34 minutes ago, Y_B_A_FOOL said:

Yes I am, but I just uninstalled the Windows updates before verifying that Riva Tuner was the cause. Removing the updates fixed Launchbox, now I just need to reconfigure everything. Hopefully there will be a fix, I tried the report a bug link but it leads to a dead end.

Glad you are back up and running

A fix from Launchbox? This may not be a Launchbox issue if Riva Tuner is causing the issue only after the Win10 update.