LaunchBox Community Forums

MAJOR PROBLEM - can't image my Launchbox onto a drive anymore

cleverest

I do this with my 8Tb collection to preserve it and have tested it a couple times...with Macrium Reflect and it works great, but with my 4TB curated collection, after writing to a drive I get this error, despite being able to navigate the drive fine...I even updated it to 10.5 manually...at first it told me that sony playstation.xml was corrupt and it could not continue, to restore from backup...which I did, now I get this:

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
App:     LaunchBox
Version: 10.5
Type:    System.IO.IOException
Site:    Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Source:  mscorlib

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at (String , Form )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath, Form splashForm)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at (String[] )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

8:44:19 AM Exception

Help?? ?

We haven't made any core changes to the data saving or loading, so this is most likely unrelated to the new release. More than likely it's just a failed backup or a failed restore. The data files are all simple XML files, so there's no reason why they should be difficult to back up or restore. It could have been because a file was in use during the backup operation.

• Like 1