LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with selecting image groups (with screenshots)

Corgana

I'm trying to make a new theme identical to the default theme but with a minor difference on the game details screen. in short- I'd like the front cover art used to select games, but then use the back of the box and cartridge/disc images on the "game details" screen.  I've attached mock-ups describing what I'm trying to accomplish.

I was hoping this would be as simple as changing a few variables in the theme files but that's not the case.

Screenshots attached and linked here: https://imgur.com/a/8P2MZnn

1.JPG

2.JPGEdit: clarified language

Edited by Corgana

2 minutes ago, Corgana said:

I'm trying to edit the default theme in (what I thought) was a simple way. in short- I'd like the front of the box used to select games, but then use the back of the box and cartridge/disc images on the "game details" screen.  I've attached mock-ups describing what I want.

I was hoping this would be as simple as changing a few variables in the theme files but that's not the case.

Screenshots attached and linked here: https://imgur.com/a/8P2MZnn

1.JPG

2.JPG

You cant edit the default theme as we need to ensure there is always a working theme for Bigbox. Simply copy/paste the default and rename it, then edit that.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You cant edit the default theme as we need to ensure there is always a working theme for Bigbox. Simply copy/paste the default and rename it, then edit that.

Yes of course I did that. I'm still unsure how to change the image group based on which screen I'm on (or if it's even possible). Do you have any pointers?

2 minutes ago, Corgana said:

Yes of course I did that. I'm still unsure how to change the image group based on which screen I'm on (or if it's even possible). Do you have any pointers?

The screen you are trying to edit is the "GameDetailsView". It is worth mentioning though that that view is pretty locked down as its also the view used for the options screens, so heavy customisation is not available there like it is in other views.

image.thumb.png.73fc42ab948142dd6b6c61e02afaecc7.pngI dont have any tips though im afraid, i know nothing about xaml.