LaunchBox Community Forums

Does putting non-wikipedia links break the database?

Cheetos

I know when LB is searching for metadata on a ROM file, it tries to fetch data from Wikipedia. Is this linked to the WikipediaURL area in the database? Otherwise, I don't see any harm in accepting links to steamdb.info, wikia and even steam itself since lots of information can be found on there in the case of PC games. What do you reckon? I saw a deletion of a non-wikipedia link in the moderation today. It was a link to game's own wikia page. Are these detrimental to how LB works?

• 3 weeks later...

I recently mentioned this in my post, here's what I wrote in regard to this:

At least from using ARC Browser in conjunction with https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com, on my GPD XD +, I have found that the "Wikipedia" link section doesn't do anything, except allow you to click on it for more information about the game. Which leads me to believe it doesn't have to be a Wikipedia link.

Edited by Vloshko