LaunchBox Community Forums

HTML or BB Code in Game Description

The Papaw

23 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I have a game that I would like to make part of the description bold and red, is there a way to use html or BB code to do it? What I have tried hasn't worked.

I am not confident it would be possible if it is for a single game. Themes for BigBox will affect all games. So if a theme is coded to use Red and Bolded font in a game detail screen it will show Red and Bolded for any game selected. Maybe a plugin could do what you want. I am basing this off the fact you stated "a game" not "any game"

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I am not confident it would be possible if it is for a single game. Themes for BigBox will affect all games. So if a theme is coded to use Red and Bolded font in a game detail screen it will show Red and Bolded for any game selected. Maybe a plugin could do what you want. I am basing this off the fact you stated "a game" not "any game"

Thanks for replying @Retro808. Yes, just for an individual game, in the notes (description) field. Like "Requires 360 controller". How about in a custom fields, do they support it?

6 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

Thanks for replying @Retro808. Yes, just for an individual game, in the notes (description) field. Like "Requires 360 controller". How about in a custom fields, do they support it?

It can but the theme would require a plugin to pull from the Custom fields metadata. I believe the standard BigBox coding is not set up to do that as it is right now. The theme you use would then need to be coded to use the plugin and show the fields data in the relevant view. So it is not something that is simply editing an existing field. 

• Thanks 1