LaunchBox Community Forums

Not many videos?

Michael Capone

I have a premium license. I set up my first system (NES) and downloaded almost all of the USA ROMs for it (think it was close to 700 ROMs).

I have an emumovie account, so when I imported the ROMs I chose to download all metadata and artwork for them. When everything was done only like 12 videos were downloaded under the videos/theme/ folder. I can see the 12 videos playing in LaunchBox off to the right (I do not use BigBox). They play for games like 10-yard Fight, Clu Clu Land, Balloon Fight, etc. However, I was expecting there would be a video for every game, well almost every game - more than 12 anyway. 

Did I do something wrong, or do I have to download the videos manually from emumovie myself?

3 minutes ago, Michael Capone said:

I have a premium license. I set up my first system (NES) and downloaded almost all of the USA ROMs for it (think it was close to 700 ROMs).

I have an emumovie account, so when I imported the ROMs I chose to download all metadata and artwork for them. When everything was done only like 12 videos were downloaded under the videos/theme/ folder. I can see the 12 videos playing in LaunchBox off to the right (I do not use BigBox). They play for games like 10-yard Fight, Clu Clu Land, Balloon Fight, etc. However, I was expecting there would be a video for every game, well almost every game - more than 12 anyway. 

Did I do something wrong, or do I have to download the videos manually from emumovie myself?

Do you have a premium emumovies account? If so its a simple case of checking the box on the emumovies page of the wizard. Those "theme" videos are actually from Launchbox and not emumovies, so you didnt download any videos at all from emumovies.

1 minute ago, Michael Capone said:

I have a free emu movie account. Does that mean I cannot download videos through the LaunchBox wizard and have to get them manually from the emu movie website. Or does it mean I cannot get any videos in any way from emu movies until I get a premium account?

If you have a free account then yes that is correct you cannot download any gameplay movies from within Launchbox. You can download them from there website, but with some heavy restrictions. You will only have access to the lowest quality versions, you will also have a very slow download speed cap, and also a strict daily limit on the amount you can download.